This header is a pastel painting I did in 2009 is of a place in the Netherlands, my country of origin, after a photo shot by Dick Witte.

Some of the painters who have influenced me:
Mondriaan, Hopper
O"Keefe, Weyeth
Singer Sargent
van Gogh, Rembrandt
Picasso, Escher

Since this is my second blog page, it generally takes me longer (sometimes very long) to reply to your comments, but I do read and love them!

Friday, April 22, 2011

FOR EASTER

Fragrant Gardenia 24 x 24 inch Oil, St.Germain

Notes

Gardenia is one of my favorite flowers because of its fragrance. 

Sometimes I wish that the flower would be bigger.
I got my wish in my painting (24 inches big!)
As you can see, I layered the colors around its edges, 
so it would not look like a cut-out.

Wish for you a great Easter with nice weather:)

7 comments:

Betsy Grant said...

Aaahh...this is quite lovely. and so appropriate. I always associate white as a symbol of purity.

Jeannette StG said...

Betsy,
Yes, purity is very important to me!:) Wishing you a meaningful Resurrection Day!

Leovi said...

Exquisite and delicate subtlety of tones carried maximum au end. Captivating.

Joanne Olivieri said...

This is just gorgeous. The shadows and detail bring it to life with such artistic talent. Well done. Gardenia was my Mom's favorite flower. She would have loved this.

Jeannette StG said...

Leovi,
Thanks you so much Leovi -and even it's fragrance is subtle, never overbearing!

Poetic Shutterbug,
Thank you! After seeing the photos of your flowers at FB, I thought you would like my painted ones:)

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze said...

What great pictures you are painting. WOW! - "Hahnewasser" ist Leitungswasser - Es ist Dialekt - Water from the tap - :) - Liebe Grüsse Tina

Jeannette StG said...

Leckeres fur Mensch,
Thank you for your comment about the painting:) Ach du, I would never have guessed that it would be tap water:):)